Sunday, June 16, 2013

Murashita Kozo 村下孝蔵 - I'm glad to be born in this country この国に生まれてよかった

This song reminds me of Hong Kong singer Sam Hui (許冠傑), who wrote a lot of songs like this one, expressing his nostalgic feelings towards the place where I was born.  I also remember one particular song by Agnes Chan (陳美齡) called "Hong Kong, Hong Kong" (香港,香港), which is actually closer to the spirit of "I'm glad to be born in this country".

Here's Agnes' "Hong Kong, Hong Kong".



And here's Murashita's "I'm glad to be born in this country".



この国に生まれてよかった

曲,詩:村下孝蔵

春夏秋冬 繰り返す 季節を着替えながら
花に埋もれて 月を待ち 鳥を追いかけ
睦月 如月 弥生 卯月 朝から夕べへと
雪と舞い遊び 雨に濡れ 雲をたどり

この国に生まれてよかった
美しい風の国に
ただひとつの故郷で君と生きよう

湯の町 門前の境内 城跡 漁り火よ
石清水に触れ 石畳 川を眺め

この国に生きててよかった
美しい風の国で
地平線の緑色 見つめていこう

この国に生まれてよかった
美しい君の国に
ただひとつの故郷を二人歩こう

紅葉の山並み 青い空 白いうなじに映る
遠い夢ならば この国で叶うように
遠い夢ならば この国で叶うように

I Am Glad To Be Born In This Country

Composer, Lyrics: Murashita Kozo

Season revolving around spring summer autumn and winter
While she's putting on her new clothes
I hide myself under the flowers
Waiting for the moon
Chasing the birds
The first, second, third and fourth lunar month
From morning towards evening
Dancing in joy with snow
Soaking myself in the rain
Following the paths of the clouds

I am glad to be born in this country
Under its beautiful scenery
Let us live together in our singular home town

Hot spring towns, the sacred ground at the shrine gates, castle ruins, fishing fire
Touching the trickling water from the rocks
Gazing at the rivers from the stone pavement

I am glad I am living in this country
In front of its beautiful scenery
Let's continue to gaze at the greens on the horizon

I am glad to be born in this country
In a country that belongs to you my beautiful
Let the two of us walk together in our singular home town

Mountain ranges in fall colors
Blue sky reflected in white trails behind the boat routes
When there is a distant dream, this country will make it come true
When there is a distant dream, this country will make it come true

No comments:

Post a Comment